This is one of my go to meal prep dishes for the working week. It’s full of protein perfect to have after my lunchtime workouts and super tasty!
I like to pair it with other nutrient dense foods like tahini, nutritional yeast and greens!
Here’s the recipe!
2 Tbsp Vege Stock
1 tbsp Basil
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp chilli
1/2 tsp salt
2 cans of tomatoes
2 cans of black beans
2 cups Quinoa
3 cups water
- Dice the onion and water fry in a pan until clear
- Add herbs and spices along with 1/2 cup of water
- Add both tins of tomatoes along with the quinoa and water
- Bring to a boil, them simmer until the most of the water has evaporated and the quinoa is cooked.
- Add the black beans and cook until all the water is gone.
- Serve hot or cold with whatever sides you want!
If you try this recipe out, be sure tag me on Instagram @brooklyngreenfield as I love seeing recreations of my meals!
Sorry it’s been so long since my last post, life has been so busy! New post will be up later this week, keep your eyes peeled, its a sweet one…