You know how sometimes you just wake up craving something? This morning it was apple crumble, and the craving was strong. This recipe I made is based off the quick apple crumble my mum used to make when we were younger, but veganized.
I am a huge believer of eating a whole food plant based diet, but sometimes, you’re allowed a treat, and by treat, I mean the vegan butter added in this recipe. This recipe is so simple with only 4 ingredients!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
3 apples diced
2 tbsp coconut sugar
1 /2 cup Oats
2 Tbsp melted vegan butter (if you live in NZ use Olivani margarine)
Note: you could sub butter for coconut oil if you really don’t want the marg.
- Turn oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Add your diced apples to the bottom of the dish.
- Melt your butter in the microwave
- Combine oats, melted butter, and coconut sugar until mixed.
- Press down the oat mixture onto your apples.
- Cook in oven until brown on the top, check from 15 minutes onwards.
I topped mine with a splash of almond milk and some coconut flakes.
If you make this recipe, be sure to tag me on Instagram @brooklyngreenfield as I love seeing recreations.