Happy Monday everyone!
I have collaborated with Matcha Matcha New Zealand, to make this amazing creamy cheesecake.
Matcha is finely ground powder from green tea. It’s packed full of antioxidants, vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc, finer chlorophyll and more. Including it into your daily diet can have an array of benefits including:
- Boosts metabolism and burns calories
- Detoxifies effectively and naturally
- Calms the mind and relaxes the body
- Enhances mood and aids in concentration
- Prevents disease
- Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
I’ve tried to make this recipe as simple as possible, so that you can make it easily at home without having to go and buy every single ingredient on the the list. Raw cheesecakes are a nice treat to have that don’t weigh you down and leave you feeling lethargic and bloated.
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup buckwheat
1/4 cup coconut
10 medjool dates
1 cup cashews (soaked for 4 hours or overnight)
2 heaped tsp of Matcha powder
1/3 cup maple syrup or coconut sugar
1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
1/2 cup almond milk
Dairy free chocolate
1. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Pulse the dry ingredients for the base in a blender until crumbly. Add the dates and continue to pulse until combined.
3. Press the base into the tin evenly, it shouldn’t be too crumbly, but it shouldn’t be too sticky either. If it’s slightly crumbly add a couple more dates, if its too sticky add a bit more coconut.
4. In a blender, add all of the filling ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy.
5. Poor the filling onto the base and set in freezer for atleast 4 hours.
6. Once set, slice into individual pieces and decorate as desired. You can decorate it as one whole piece too.
I hope you enjoy this really simple recipe! Let me know if you re create it by tagging me on instagram @brooklyngreenfield, I’d love to see your creations! And check out @matchamatchanz on instagram for more information on their amazing matcha tea selection.