A traditional macaroni and cheese, although yum, is definitely not good for your insides. Cholesterol and a high amount of saturated fat will be present. However, you can make this version, the healthier version. The animal cruelty free version- and, it doesn’t take anywhere near as long, woohoo!
Everyone I have made this for so far, loves it! It’s amazing by itself, but also just as good with half a bowl of greens mixed in.
1 bag of pasta – wholegrain or normal
4-5 cloves garlic
1 1/2 cups of vegetable broth
1 1/4 cups cashews soaked for 4+ hours
2 tbsp Nutritional yeast
1 tbsp corn starch
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chilli powder
Handful of basil leaves (leave a few to garnish)
- Add pasta to a pot of boiling water.
- Dice the onion and garlic finely.
- Saute in pan till golden brown.
- Drain cashews, and add all ingredients (except the pasta) to a blender.
- Blend until velvety smooth.
- Take pasta off heat and drain.
- Add sauce to the pasta.
- Woo, done!
Easiest dinner ever, throw some raw spinach into a bowl, add some pasta,top with a few fresh basil leaves and a sprinkle of chilli powder.
Find me on: