Hi guys! 😊
I was craving something chocolate flavoured the other day and I looked at the ingredients in my cupboard and decided I would make some cookies (extreme chocolate brownie version of course.
These aren’t the healthiest of cookies but they’re definitely better than anything you’re going to find in your local supermarket. No refined sugars, dairy or eggs. Like any treats you should always eat in moderation, though i warn you.. these are hard to resist and extremely delicious it may be hard to have any sort of portion control.
I freestyled this recipe completely from scratch and took rough measurements. When making a cookie dough you want it too be not wet but not crumbly and dry, so somewhere in between. If you find it’s slightly dry, add a dash of almond milk.
Prep time for these cookies is honestly about 10 minutes and its a matter of chucking everything together! It makes about 12 decent size cookies and a few little babies on the side 🙂
- 2 Cups Spelt flour
- 3/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup carob powder
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1 ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flax meal soaked in ¼ cup water for 5-10 minutes)
- Preset oven to 180•c and like a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Mix together flax egg mixture and set aside.
- Add coconut oil and coconut sugar to a bowl. Microwave the mixture for 10 seconds then combine together.
- Add all of the dry ingredients to a bowl and combine.
- Add in the coconut sugar and oil mixture, along with the flax egg mixture and combine.
- Roll the mixture into whatever sized cookies you want, and press flat onto the baking tray. I had to do my cookies in two batches of 6 because my tray wasn’t big enough.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. Keep an eye on them to make sure they don’t burn. When you first take them out they will be quite soft still but will harden as they cool down.
These cookies are honestly so delicious!!! My boyfriend pretty much ate the entire batch overnight so that’s saying something!
Let me know if you give these a try and what you think of them!