Do you have some over ripe bananas and a craving for some baked goods? Well you are in the right place..
Banana bread is such a simple recipe to whip up if your bananas are all of a sudden heading south, and you have nothing else to do with them!
Basic ingredients found in most vegan kitchens are listed below:
1/2 cup oat flour (or blend half a cup of oats in a high speed blender)
1 1/2 cup Flour (buckwheat, spelt, or just standard flour will do)
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp allspice
1 tsp baking soda
2 large bananas
1/4 cup almond milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 flax eggs (1 tbsp flaxseed, 2-3 Tbsp water combined and set aside)
1 cup blueberries (optional)
1. If you have a big enough blender add all ingredients to it and blend away. If you aren’t so fortunate, here’s what to do;
2. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. Add wet ingredients to a blender, combine, and add to the dry mixture
4. Mix the wet and dry parts together thoroughly, add the berries and pour into a lined baking dish.
5. Cook at 200 degrees celsius for about an hour (check by poking a knife into the bread every now and then, it should come out clean)
6. Leave in the tin for about 15 minutes to cool slightly before taking it out, and putting it on a cooling rack.
7. Slice and serve!
If you have any suggestions for future recipes you would like to see, please message me on my facebook page 🙂
Hope everyone is having an amazing weekend and you continue to have a wonderful week 🙂