Woohoo it’s the weekend! And what better way to start your Saturday or Sunday off than with pancakes?
These pancakes are full of super healthy ingredients like flaxseed which is full of fiber and antioxidants, as well as being really high in omega 3 fatty acids. And Buckwheat, which is high in protein and really good for your digestion.
Whats best is that there are no animal bi-products in this recipe! (go vegan) 🙂
Here’s the recipe…
Serves 2 (10 pancakes)
2 tbsp flaxmeal
1/4 cup warm water
2 tsp sweetener, I use Agave
1 3/4 cup Buckwheat flour (any other flour works too!)
1 cup almond milk
2 tsp baking soda
- Mix together the flaxmeal and warm water in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add flour, almond milk, baking soda and sweetner into a blender and finally the flaxegg mixture.
- Bend until well mixed, and add a few splashes of almond milk if you find the mixture is too dry.
- Cook on low-medium heat until you see bubbles coming through, then flip.
- Add any topping you want. I have used strawberries, blueberries, coconut, pomegranate, coconut cream, my homemade chocolate sauce (will make a post for this shortly) and finally carob and cacao nibs.
Hope you enjoy this recipe, let me know if you have any suggestions on recipes!
Have a lovely weekend everyone,