WOW! So sorry for being MIA this long! I’ve been on course and have had so much study to do. It also hasn’t helped that I’ve been without kitchen for almost two months now, unless I am staying at my boyfriends house. I move into my house at the end of November though, so posts will be up more frequently around then 🙂
I have made something a little different from my usual posts, but i highly recommend you give this one a try. Japanese has to be by far my favourite style of cooking! So much flavour, so many carbs and so many vegan options!
This recipe serves 2 hungry humans, and feel free to freestyle with the flavours, this is the base recipe but add what you need for your taste buds.
1 Packet rice noodles
1 bok choy or pak choy
2 spring onions
2 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp chilli flakes
3 Tbsp soy sauce
3 Tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp ginger
1 tbsp garlic
sesame seeds to top
1. Wash and chop your bok choy, then set aside.
2. Mix the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl, while cooking the noodles in boiling water.
3. In a saucepan heat your sauce on medium heat for 1-2 minutes before adding your bok choy, and half of your spring onions.
4. Add the cooked noodles and mix in with the bok choy and sauce.
5. Serve in two large bowls and top with fresh spring onion and sesame seeds.
Next time I want to use tofu aswell, so add in tofu if you have that on hand!
Hopefully I will have something to post again next week sometime as the long weekend is coming up!
Sending good vibes your way for the week ahead! only 4 more days till the weekend 🙂