Hey guys 🙂
Been a while since I have posted, as I have been away on an amazing trip with my boyfriend to the South Island to adventure and meet his family. Look how amazing this place was!
Sadly, I now have to get back to reality 😢
This is my first savoury meal I am adding to my blog, full of zucchini noodles (zoodles) and basil-ly goodness. I kind of freestyled this recipe so can’t fully remember all the exact measurements but just do it to your taste, I love heaps of pesto and LOVE garlic. I also felt I needed more to the dish than just the zoodles so I added in some wholegrain spaghetti too!
Ingredients (serves 2)
1 Large ripe Avocado ( soOoo happy these are cheap again)
2 garlic cloves
50g Basil pesto
Handful of fresh basil leaves
1/2 of a lemon, juiced
Whole grain pasta (optional)
- Boil the pasta while you prepare everything else.
- if you have a spiralizer use that to make the noodles. Or if you are poor like me, and don’t have fancy, fun cooking equipment just use a peeler to make them.
- Heat a frying pan with an Tbsp of olive oil and cook the zucchini.
- Mash the avocado in a bowl, add basil leaves and basil pesto.
- Mince the garlic and cook on a small frying pan. Then add to the avocado along with the lemon juice and mix till combined and smooth.
- Add zoodles into the avocado mix, then place onto your bowl of spaghetti, and serve!
Super yummy and a great way to disguise the taste of the zucchini if you aren’t a fan like me.
On a side note, only one month left of winter woohoo! So sick of this cold, damp, miserable weather, makes me so lazy and unmotivated, can’t wait for sunny skies and a dramatic temperature rise (didn’t rhyme that on purpose FYI)