I don’t know about you, but I really enjoy sweet treats, and I really love coconut. So here is a raw + vegan version of the famous Bounty Bar! It’s super easy to make, with a super short prep time… and only 7 ingredients!
Here’s what you’ll need:
2 cups dessicated coconut
1 cup coconut cream
3 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
4 tbsp pure maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
a pinch of sea salt
For the chocolate:
250g dairy free dark chocolate (melted)
- Add the coconut cream, coconut oil, vanilla bean paste and maple syrup and stir till well combined.
- Add the desiccated coconut. If the mixture is too runny just add more desiccated coconut.
- Spoon the mixture into a baking paper lined tin, and put in the freezer to set.
- Once the mixture has set, cut into what size/shape pieces you want, and drizzle in the melted chocolate. Or totally cover them if you are a real chocolate lover!
- Place onto a tray and sprinkle with coconut, then freeze!
I like to keep mine stored in the freezer, and eat them really cold, but they will keep really well in the fridge too!
Eating one as I’ve been writing this post … so addictive!
Recipe for you, Dave Hill